"I love you"
Silence drowns the soundwaves.
Her heart beats into a vibrate.. "Don't say that."
"I do," he replies immediately, "and I always will. I'm not going anywhere."
"Do you miss me?" he inquires.
She replies, "Like a blind kid takin a foul shot."
He laughs.
She falls asleep alone on her half of the bed.
Her voice shakes.. "I need you right now"
"I think we should call it quits."
Her eyes flood.. "Why?"
He pauses. "Hold on, next line."
"Why are you being like this?" she asks.
"Being like what?" He laughs. "What's wrong with this girl?"
She cries: "You're hurting me"
"Don't say that," he says, "You're making me feel bad."
"But I love you" he explains.
Her heart cracks, "I don't care. I don't love you anymore."
"Stop lying to yourself" he begs.
She hangs up.. "I'm not the one who lied."
"I'm coming to see you tomorrow" he says.
"I don't want to see you" she shakes her head.
"I need to see you. If I show up at your door, will you let me in?"
Her eyes close. She hesitates. "Yes."
I wait,
I wait,
I wait..
More wine, someone. Please.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment