Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Eighty Three

Loneliness is a concept I was never really able to grasp all that well. I've always enjoyed indulging myself in the beauty of silence when I'm alone, but I have a terribly haunting fear of being lonely. On my best days I know that all things in the universe must balance, and even the presence of my seemingly insignificant emotions will help equate that balance. But on my worst days I feel as though my heaviest thoughts are just microscopic insignificances that fail to even flicker bright enough to be noticed in such an unfathomably wide sky of existance. I have stared into the intimidating motionlessness of the night skies that hang over me, and wondered if maybe  elsewhere, there is another being that feels the same.

Sometimes I wonder if any such being exists in this universe or another.
Sometimes I fear that there is no such thing.

Sometimes I can't help the fact that I feel like the fish in the pond by my house in the dead of winter.

1 comment:

  1. I know exactly how you feel. However, you're WAY better at putting things into words than I am.

    ReplyDelete