Saturday, December 19, 2009

Forty



Probaby the realest shit I ever wrote..


Closed the door on the past, maybe I shut out the truth.
The joke is always on me, maybe I'm truthfully a goof.
Feels like I've grown up too fast, maybe I'm still a youth.
Sometimes I don't believe in myself, maybe I need proof.
I hate hate and fear love, maybe I have no passion.
I'd kill for a beautiful life, maybe it's fatal attraction.
I wear my heart on my sleeve, maybe I have bad fashion.
I am my own pet peeve, maybe there's no satisfaction.
Can't grab life by the reigns, maybe it's out of my hands.
Nothing's falling into place, maybe that's how it was planned.
I can't write right some days, maybe I'm really left handed.
I don't wanna fall in love, maybe I can't stand it.
My heart gets too sore, maybe it's out of shape.
It feels so heavy sometimes, maybe it needs to lose weight.
I'm always searching in the dark, maybe it's my fate.
Time's never on my side, maybe I'm just too late.
My mind changes like the weather, maybe I'm bi-polar.
But it takes mountains to move me, maybe I'm a boulder.
Memories burn my soul, maybe I'm getting colder.
I feel like such a baby, maybe I'm not getting older.
I keep quiet when I'm angry, maybe my silence speaks loud.
Won't even hold my own head up, maybe I'm too proud.
Since everyone's tryna be different, maybe we're all the same crowd.
But people act so strange, maybe I'm the odd one out.
Think I'm ahead of the game, maybe it's passed me by.
I don't feel the same, maybe my feelings are why.
I feel afraid to play, maybe I just need playing time.
But I never call for the ball, maybe I'm too shy.
Threw it all on the table, maybe it was too much to hold.
Maybe my weakness to endure was mistaken for being bold.
Put my cards down, stopped playing, maybe that's a fold.
Don't know why I bought into the game, maybe I was sold.
Sometimes I can't my hold tongue, maybe it's too wild.
I dream more when I'm awake, maybe I'm a child.
Life makes me feel sick, maybe it's just a ride.
World's a playground anyways, maybe I should let things slide.
This life makes no sense, maybe it's bankrupt.
I don’t like it but I need it, maybe I’m moonstruck.
Puts me down even when I put up with it, maybe it's bad luck.
I can see through my own reflection, maybe I’m mindfucked.
I melt over real love, maybe my heart's made of wax.
It drives me so insane, maybe I should relax.
Gettin tired of holding grudges, maybe I'm just lazy.
I lose my mind in my own thoughts, maybe I'm crazy.
I only see what I want, maybe distractions don't phase me.
I don't like cheap talk, maybe money will change me.
I never see anything change, maybe I'm just never around.
I won't change up my ways, maybe that's keeping me down.
I'm caught running in a maze, maybe since I walk alone.
People say I'm too short, maybe only my mind's grown.
Well, my mind is a mess, maybe my thoughts are art.
I'm four steps over the end, maybe I'm back at the start.
I can't see the light, maybe that makes me dark.
I don't like getting heated, maybe I'm burned by the spark.
I admit my regrets, maybe I have no shame.
I make my own mistakes, maybe I am to blame.
I mean a lot to too few, maybe more than I claim.
I can't clean up my act, maybe I’m a stain.
Taken so much heat, maybe at the wrong cost.
Only my own bars set me free, maybe I'm lost.
Could never see myself behind real ones, maybe I'm impaired.
Now I have nothing to show, maybe I should have shared.
I'm too shy to soar, maybe I'm scared.
I'm lost in the music, maybe I'm nowhere.
This world blows me away, maybe I'm too light.
Shadows always chase me, maybe I'm too bright.
Life keeps cutting me down, maybe I'm too uptight.
No one beats death anyways, maybe its not worth the fight.
You don't see what I'm saying, maybe you have poor sight.
Don't even know where I'm going, maybe I missed the invite.
Can't ex-plane any further, maybe I'm on the wrong flight.
Got nothing left to say, maybe it's all right.

No comments:

Post a Comment