Monday, November 30, 2009

Twenty Nine

This year was pretty heavy for me in terms of live performances. These are the artists I saw (hopefully I don't forget any). It's almost the end of the year and so the review posts will begin..

Adele @ MTV
Went to MTV and ran downtown in the rain to see her do a couple songs. She was so timid on stage.. I love her!!! Her voice is incomperable.
 
Gza & Cool Kids @ Dundas Square 
Clan fans are seeerious lol the whole atmosphere that day was just so right. Few friends even ended up in Gza's tent and under Mikey's arm at the end of the night. Pretty live for a free show.
 
Rock The Bells '09 @ Molson Amphitheatre
Nas, Damian Marley, Mos Def, Talib Kweli, Big Boi, Rza, MOP, Slum Village (who we missed due to our lack of punctuality) and the Slaughterhouse boys - :( no Common.  The show was still off the chain and I can't go into detail because I'll write a book. All in all, Nas & Jr Gong were amazing and Tech N9ne is retarded..

Lykke Li, Miike Snow @ Sound Academy
Some random Toronto band opened (don't remember what they were called.) Then Miike Snow came on in Jabbawockee masks and I swear it was magical. Lykke Li was WICKED. Her voice sounds even better live than it does recorded. In addition to her wild dancing, she's known to do very unexpected cover songs so was curious to see if she would do any.. She did. She rapped some craziness over the A Milli beat and spit a few bars from 7th Chamber Pt II.. :|

Kings of Leon @ Copps Colisseum
This was one of the best shows I've ever been to. The energy was unbelievale and all four of the remarkably handsome Followill boys are so talented it's not funny. The music was fantastic, the singing was amazing, the acoustics were perfect. Oh and Jared baby, you are beyond sexy.

9th Wonder @ Manifesto
Oh. My. God. Literally raced downtown after the Kings of Leon and caught a little bit of True School.. More importantly, got to see 9th doin his thing. This man is godly. Felt like I was breathing in hip hop.

Maxwell, Common, Chrisette Michele @ ACC
Maxwell has some serious groupies. Chrisette's voice is gold. After his no-show at Rock The Bells, I was determined to see Com  and I fell in love with him again, for the.. Thousandth time? Every time I see him in concert I'm reminded that all I need in this life of sin is Lonnie Rashid Lynn, no doubt.

Jay Z, N.E.R.D, Wale, J Cole @ ACC
Dope. Dope. Dope. Dope. Missed out on Wale and my dude J Cole *kicks rocks* but Pharrell's crazy ass was on stage jumpin around like a hooligan once I finally got to my seat. N.E.R.D was sick, Hov was insane. Memph tagged along as well. I was somewhat disappointed that Jay spit 4 bars from Dead Presidents and that was the only taste of Reasonable Doubt we got. Regardless, he had me jumping, screaming, rhyming, dancing, lickin shots, and boppin my head all night.

Lady GaGa @ ACC
I was kinda cheesed because Kid Cudi was in town the same night and I wanted to see him too.. Turns out he opened for her :) Anyways, Lady GaGa is sick. She really doesn't give a fuck about any of the hate people throw at her either.This woman is one of the best performers of her time and nobody can tell me otherwise.  

Corinne Bailey Rae @ The Drake Hotel
This was the first time I had seen her in concert. She has the most precious voice and adorable giggle. Although there wasn't much new material, the show was still solid.

No comments:

Post a Comment