Thursday, June 24, 2010

Eighty

I am always late.

I was born into this world 3 days late and I will probably leave this world later than the stars and divine forces have planned for. On occasion I find myself arriving earlier than planned, but this doesn't happen often. I am no white rabbit, nor do I wish to turn you into one. But, more times than not, it is in my regrettably effortless nature to be late. Do not ever depend on me to show up any earlier than late. It's more than likely that I will be late.

And I change my mind a lot.

I'm not fickle, I just have a lustful infatuation with spontaneity and all of its derivatives. I know I will only live once with these eyes, this body, this voice and this mind, so on most days I desire only for each of them to see, move, speak and think as freely as possible. For this reason I have discovered that I am honest in my facts but selective with my aims because they vary ever so often. I promise that I will keep all my promises and that you can count on me better than Texas Instruments. But I may change my mind about many, many things. So unless it's something that's in the process of happening, please don't count on me to follow through on anything.

Just know that I would go through hell for you and then follow you blindly until the end of time if I knew I could stay there forever with you.

You.
Yes, you.

No comments:

Post a Comment